Sunday, November 16, 2014

Medical Marijuana

So this week, Florida voted down a Medical Marijuana Amendment.  I am wondering how many of those that voted against the Amendment every needed Morphine or Codeine or Vicodin or any other opioid for pain?  How can we deny people the use of a legitimate medical treatment due to some twist of history?  I am not advocating for the complete legalization of marijuana, but I do believe that its use for medicinal purposes with a doctor's prescription should definitely be legal.  There is such a stigma attached to marijuana that blinds people to this legitimate use.  I think of the people that could benefit from having it available and not being able to have access to it.  I wish those that voted "No" on the amendment, would have to look at those that are sick and their families and explain to them why they voted "No".

No comments:

Post a Comment